L.A.-area post offices hosting job fairs to fill 40,000 seasonal positions
With the anticipation of a busy holiday season, the United States Postal Service is hiring more than 40,000 seasonal workers nationwide and hosting job fairs around the Los Angeles area.
The seasonal employment opportunities include, but are not limited to, city and rural mail carriers, mail handlers and drivers. The USPS says the holiday season is the agency’s peak season for mail and package deliveries.
“Our entire organization is focused on delivering a successful holiday season. To make this happen, we need great people to join us to deliver for our local communities and our nation,” Louis DeJoy, CEO and Postmaster General, said in a statement. “The Postal Service offers many opportunities for seasonal employment. For many, a seasonal role can be the start of an exciting career with the Postal Service.”
To support the seasonal hiring effort, the Postal Service is hosting 58 job fairs in select cities across the country, with several in the Los Angeles area beginning on Tuesday.
- Sept. 14 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Los Angeles Processing & Distribution Center, 7001 S. Central Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90052
- Sept. 15 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Rancho Cucamonga Post Office, 10950 Arrow Route, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91729
- Sept. 16 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Santa Monica Post Office, 1653 7th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401
- Sept. 18 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Van Nuys Post Office, 15701 Sherman Oaks Way, Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Sept. 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the West Los Angeles Post Office, 11270 Exposition Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90064
- Sept. 22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Irvine Post Office, 15642 Sand Canyon Ave., Irvine, CA 92619
- Sept. 23 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the US Vets/Cabrillo Villages, 2001 River Ave., Long Beach, CA 90810
- Sept. 28 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the San Pedro Post Office, 839 S. Beacon St., San Pedro, CA 90731
- Sept. 29 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the La Puente Post Office, 15310 E. Elliott Ave, La Puente, CA 91747
- Sept. 29 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Paramount Post Office, 7200 Somerset Blvd., Paramount, CA 90723
- Sept. 30 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Los Feliz Post Office, 1825 N. Vermont Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90027
Read full story On ktla